- There is a medicinal spice so timelessly interwoven with the origins of human culture and metabolism, so thoroughly supported by modern scientific inquiry, as to be unparalleled in its proven value to human health and well-being.
Indeed, turmeric /curcumin turns the entire drug-based medical model on its head.
Instead of causing far more side effects than therapeutic ones, as is the case for most patented pharmaceutical medications, turmeric possesses hundreds of potential side benefits — having been empirically demonstrated to positively modulate over 160 different physiological pathways in the mammalian body.
While no food or herb is right for everyone, and everything has the potential for unintended, adverse side effects, turmeric is truly unique in its exceptionally high margin of safety vice versa the drugs it has been compared with, e.g. hydrocortisone, ibuprofen, chemotherapy agents.
Furthermore, nothing within the modern-day pharmaceutical armamentarium comes even remotely close to turmeric’s 6,000-year track record of safe use in Ayurvedic Medicine.
Why Turmeric Will Likely Never Be FDA Approved:
Despite its vast potential for alleviating human suffering, turmeric will likely never receive the FDA stamp of approval, due to its lack of exclusivity, patentability and therefore profitability.
Truth be told, the FDA’s “gold standard” for proving the value of a prospective medicinal substance betrays the age-old aphorism: “he who owns the gold makes the rules,” and unless an investor is willing to risk losing the 800+ million dollars that must be spent upfront, the FDA-required multi-phased double-blind, randomized clinical trials will not occur.
All The Incredible Turmeric Benefits:
GreenMedInfo.com has reviewed over 5,000 study abstracts from the National Library of Medicine’s bibliographic database known as MEDLINE and have discovered over 600 potential health benefits of turmeric, and/or its primary polyphenol known as Curcumin.
These can be viewed on our turmeric research page which is dedicated to disseminating the research on the topic to a larger audience.
Some of the most amazing demonstrated properties of turmeric / curcumin include these benefits:
- Destroying Multi-Drug Resistant Cancer
- Destroying Cancer Stem Cells (arguably, the root of all cancer)
- Protecting Against Radiation-Induced Damage
- Reducing Unhealthy Levels of Inflammation
- Protecting Against Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Preventing and Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease Associated Pathologies
Again, what is so amazing is not that turmeric may have value in dozens of health conditions simultaneously, or that it may improve conditions that are completely resistant to conventional treatment, but that there are over six hundred (600) additional health conditions it may also be valuable in preventing and/or treating.
Consider also the fact that turmeric grows freely on the Earth, and you will understand why its very existence threatens billions of dollars in pharmaceutical industry revenue.
Learn more about this research in the video below (keeping in mind that it is several years old and may need some updating), and please spread the information to others who may benefit from learning more on the topic.
Important note from MindBodyHealth.com:
Many have asked how much curcumin to take, how to take it in a bioavailable form, and where to get curcumin from a source they can trust. The challenge with taking full advantage of the curcumin in turmeric is because of its low bioavailability. Personally, I love mixing fresh and dried turmeric into all sorts of foods — and I always try to include black pepper with it because studies show that Piperine (found in black pepper) helps increase absorbability / bioavailability of this herb…
You have many available options when searching for a turmeric / curcumin supplement. Don’t make the mistake many could be making by just selecting the cheapest formula without scrutinizing what’s in it (and what’s not in it).
Please check out our MindBodyHealth Turmeric / Curcumin 1000 mg w/ Black Pepper:
Miracle – Turmeric / Curcumin: Time-Tested Antioxidant w/ Bioperine
- This is a Non GMO Product and Gluten Free
- Helps fight cell-damaging free radicals
- Supports stimulation of the body’s natural defenses
- Bioperine is a Black Pepper Extract, which helps with absorption.
- No Artificial Color, Flavor or Sweetener, No Preservatives, No Sugar, No Starch, No Milk, No Lactose, No Soy, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish, Sodium Free.
About Lead in Turmeric:
Investigators believe that in some countries, turmeric may be intentionally contaminated with lead to enhance its weight, color, or both. Lead-contaminated turmeric has repeatedly been found in India and Bangladesh, and it may also be a concern in the United States.
The FDA has not set maximum permissible levels of lead in spices. As a result, the agency does not regulate lead levels in turmeric.
(Special Thanks to Sayer Ji – an author and educator, a Board of Governor for the National Health Federation, Steering Committee Member of the Global GMO Free Coalition (GGFC), and founder of Greenmedinfo)
Tell us in the comments below:
- How do you enjoy turmeric benefits?
- Post your favorite ways to enjoy turmeric in the comments below!
- What did you find useful, interesting, or surprising in this article?