Grandma’s Herbs – Fem-Aid
(Herbal Formula for Women’s Health and Balance)
(100 Capsules – 465 mg)
Grandma’s Herbs FEM-AID formula was designed to target feminine issues. It uses herbs that have a deep tradition in women’s health.
Grandma’s Herbs combination FEM-AID, is an herbal remedy for women. It contains herbs that have phytochemical ingredients that mimic hormones naturally.
What’s Included: (1) Bottle of FEM-AID – 100 Capsules – 465 mg
- Herbs that have traditional uses of balancing hormones.
- Vitex Berry that has been studied and proven effective.
Recommendation: Take (2) capsules twice a day. May use more if needed.
Ingredients: False Unicorn (root), Wild Yam (root), Vitex (berry), Lady’s Mantle (herb), Squaw Vine (herb), Blessed Thistle (herb), Red Raspberry (leaf), St. John’s Wort (herb), Dong Quai (herb), Chamomile (herb), Blue Cohosh (root), Siberian Ginseng (root), Cramp Bark, Sarsaparilla (bark & root), Cayenne (fruit 40HU) Bladder Pod (herb)
Hormonal Balance is Crucial for Women’s Health:
Hormones are incredible chemical messengers in our body that affect our brain, heart, bones, muscles, and reproductive organs. They are an essential part of the workings of every cell in the human body.
- Hormones work best when balanced. However, hormones can become imbalanced.
- Many hormonal changes occur during the teenage years that have an effect on hormone balance.
- Young women often get their first periods during early adolescence, and many young girls experience symptoms such as acne, oily hair, mood swings and menstrual cramps.
- Hormonal imbalances don’t stop during the teenage years. Menstrating women also experience hormonal imbalances.
- Estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone fluctuate during a woman’s menstrual cycle. Areas of the brain called hippocampus, hypothalamus, and the amygdala tend to be affected the most by the estrogen-progesterone surges and drops.
- Hormone restoration is key to a women’s health.
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- PMS has a wide variety of symptoms including:
- mood swings
- tender breasts
- food cravings
- It’s estimated that as many as 3 of every 4 menstruating women have experienced some form of premenstrual syndrome.
- PMS is thought to be associated with the surges of estrogen, progesterone and testoterone. Those surges cause imbalanced hormones.
It is easy to see with all the chemicals and synthetic hormones we are exposed to, plus the added stresses of life, how our hormones could be affected. And how there is a need to find a way to mitigate the symptoms of premenstural syndrome.
- In the 1950s, scientists discovered that the roots of wild yam contain diosgenin. Diosgenin is a phytoestrogen, or plant-based estrogen, that can be chemically converted into a hormone called progesterone. Diosgenin was used to make the first birth control pills in the 1960s.
- Traditionally Native Americans and early Americans have used wild yam for benefits ranging from estrogen therapy and natural progesterone to treating diverticulosis, gallbladder pain, rheumatoid arthritis, as well as offering increased energy.
False Unicorn Root:
- The traditional medicinal use of false unicorn root is based in traditional Native American herbalism. It was recommended for many women’s health conditions, including dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation) and other irregularities of menstruation. False unicorn was also used as a remedy for morning sickness.
- Phytochemically, the steroidal saponins chamaelirin and diosgenin have been identified in false unicorn, and are postulated to exert an estrogen-modulating activity via interaction with estrogen receptor sites of the hypothalamus.
- The plant is rich in tannins, salicylic acid, essential oil, bitter substances and phytosterols. It also contains vitamin C and numerous minerals.
- Many of the herb’s constituents, especially the tannins and the bitter substances, are thought to have a balancing and regulating effect on the female reproductive system.
- “Vitex has been shown to help balance of estrogen and progesterone during the menstrual cycle and may alleviate PMS symptoms.” (University of Maryland Article)
- “Vitex has been shown to help re-establish normal balance of estrogen and progesterone during the menstrual cycle.” (University of Maryland Article)
- “Preliminary and double-blind research has found that vitex relieves PMS symptoms.” (University of Maryland Article)
There are many herbs that have been used as remedies for premenstrual syndrome, hormone balance and the miriad of issues that women deal with relating to their hormones. This is a very complicated issue and there are no real clear answers. There are however hundreds and even thousands of years of history that indicate that there are herbs that will help.
Fem-Aid is an effective formula that uses herbs to cultivate health and balance in a woman’s life.
Testimonial: “FEM-AID has been a lifesaver around our house of many girls! When the hormones start flying I set the bottle of FEM-AID out on the counter. It really helps with their attitudes, cramps and other menstrual issues. I am also grateful that it is all natural and chemical free. This is an excellent product and great help to teens and young women.”